Saturday, November 2, 2013

On 11:03 PM by TheSisters Go Shopping in , ,    2 comments
Few are products that you try and never want to move on from. Keep on reading for my review on a product like this.

The Brand Claims: For an oil free look upto 12 hours!
The advanced Oil Control Facial Foam with the power of mineral clay sponges up excess oil and make-up, without overdrying the skin.

How To Identify An Original Pond's Face Wash
How to identify an original Pond's face wash
Ponds Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam
My Experience:
Pond's being a leading skin care brand  has come up with a range of face washes that cater for different type of skins. Today I am going to review the Pond's Oil Control face wash.
This face wash comes in 50 ml and 100 ml tubes with a flip top cap. This product has a creamy consistency with blue exfoliating beads.
Roughly a pea sized amount is required per use. When I was my face with it, I actually feel the dust and oil coming out of my skin and it gives a really light feel to my skin. After using it, there is a sudden tightness of my skin but after a minute or two the sensation subsides. This face wash keeps my skin matte for about 4 to 5 hours.
I would suggest use of a light moisturizer after washing your face with it except if you have very oily skin. However having excessively oily skin does not mean that you should start applying  a bulk of the face wash on your face, it will simply make the matters worse by giving way to dry patches. As it can be over drying me and Hira do not use it in winters. Overall, it does not bring about any permanent changes so when you stop using it, you will notice that your skin has returned to its normal self.
As I mentioned before,this face wash contains exfoliating beads which is a plus. They help to remove dead cells and my sister Hira is absolutely in love with this. She says that if she does not get the feel of those beads rubbing against her face she thinks that her face is not clean. But as I have sensitive skin the rubbing of these beads against my skin simply aggravates the problem. Hence, how often you use this face wash depends on the sensitivity of your skin. Hira uses it twice a day and I am not even able to use it daily.
All in all, it is a perfect face wash for those with oily skin. Use a moisturizer if your skin over dries.

Pros:
  • Removes oil and keeps matte for upto 5 hours.
  • Effectively cleans skin.
  • Exfoliating beads provide light exfoliation on daily basis.
  • Easily available.
  • Inexpensive.
Cons:
  • No long term results.
  • May over dry skin.
  • Harsh on sensitive skin.

Price & Availability: Pond's Oil Control face wash costs PKR 135 and PKR 245 for the 50ml and 100ml tube respectively. Pond's face washes are easily available on stores across the nation. Join Pond's Pakistan facebook page for updates.

My Rating: 3.5/5

Love,
Maria.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this face wash because of my oil skin. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Sidrah, it absolutely does wonders for oily skin. Thanku for appreciation :))

      Delete

We love reading your comments so please feel free to comment and give your view. Do check back if you have any queries. We reply to your comments as soon as possible.
If you have any issues with the content of this blog or with any other reader discuss it with the author through "Contact Us" section.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin