Thursday, December 19, 2013

On 8:03 PM by TheSisters Go Shopping in , ,
Despite the shine and shimmer being youthful, I find wearing matte lipsticks more fuss free. Keep on reading to know what I think about Color Studio Professional's latest release, namely the Pure Matt Lipstick.

The Brand Claims: Color Studio Professional debuts the Pure Matt Moisturizing Lipsticks perfect for the summer, off-the-runway fashion season. The range boosts all the nourishment of a moisturizing lipstick in 28 versatile matt shades, ideal for recreating runway looks both day and night.
The high-performance lipstick formula is fused with a blend of Bamboo Extract, Shea Butter and Vitamin E. The unique Shea Butter moisture complex provides a creamy, non-drying, long-lasting color to indulge the lips. The velvety-smooth texture enriched with Bamboo Extract provides an emollient and soothing action to protect and hydrate the lips. Vitamin E eases the application of the lipstick by providing anti-aging and anti radical action for smooth and supple lips.
Color Studio Professional Pure Matt Lipstick in Atomic
Color Studio Professional Pure Matt Lipstick in Atomic

Color Studio Professional Pure Matt Lipstick in Atomic swatch
Color Studio Professional Pure Matt Lipstick in Atomic applied
My Experience:
Color Studio Professional's Pure Matt Lipstick comes in 28 shades which include something for every type of skin tone. The shades range includes neutrals, vampy reds, hot pinks and prettiest of corals. Just seeing the lipsticks displayed in the store was a treat to the eyes.
Although I wanted to get all the colors, the shade I got for now is Atomic (126). Though I will surely be stocking up on more of these. Talking about Atomic, it is a bight pink with hint of blue tone in it. This particular shade will suit darker asian skin tones better.
Packaging of the lipstick is really eye-catching, with a touch of gold here and there. And the gold sliding compartment had me drooling. The first thing that hit me when I opened the lipstick was the vanilla scent. I love it so much that at times when I am looking for something in my dresser, I take the lipstick out just to smell it. My only issue with the scent is that it doesn't linger once applied. So even those who are not particularly fond of the scent will not have any issue in this department.
Like any other matte lipstick it is really long lasting. It stays with full intensity for about two hours. After which it starts to fade and settles into stain like finish which doesn't disappear even after 8 hours. My feelings about the moisturizing part are mixed. The lipstick doesn't provide moisture itself but doesn't dry out the lips either. But thats only for two to three hours. My lips start to feel dry and chapped after that. I don't really believe in moiturizing claims of matte lipsticks anyway so I can live with that. What I do expect from matte lipsticks is that they don't transfer, which Color Studio Professional's Pure Matt Lipstick does. Unless of course Hardees has started to use pink burger buns and straws.
Overall, I love this lipstick for its staying power and pigmentation but I advice exfoliation of lips and the use of a lip balm under the lipstick to minimize the appearance of fine lines and drying of lips. 

Pros:
  • Good pigmentation.
  • Staying power upto 8 hours.
  • Smooth application.
  • Wide range of shades.
Cons:
  • Dries out lips.
  • Emphasizes lip lines.
  • Transfers.
Price and Availability: Color Studio Professional's Pure Matt Lipstick retails at the price of PKR 750 and can be purchased from leading stores across the country or online from Color Studio's website and Daraz.pk. Like Color Studio's facebook page to stay updated.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin